Terms and Conditions
1. Guest Numbers Condition – Pay Bar Customers – You will have a minimum number of guests attending your event throughout the day. You will be informed of the minimum number required to qualify for the free hire offer at the time of making your initial enquiry. (Unless your event is being held at West Heath Centre)
2. Consumption of own drinks condition – Pay Bar Customers – Guests are required to purchase their drinks from the bar we provide for your event. This means that guests are not permitted to bring their own drinks for consumption at the venue. This is a licensing condition for which we retain responsibility. We reserve the right to confiscate unauthorised drinks or remove them from the premises.
3. Reception/arrival drinks arranged by either you or another provider are permitted providing they are for consumption during the pre-meal period. We would ask that you inform us if this is the case in advance so that we know what arrangements have been made. Table wine and all other table drinks including drinks for toasting arranged by either you or another provider are permitted providing they are for consumption during the meal only. We would ask that you inform us if this is the case in advance so that we know what arrangements have been made. All other drinks provided for your event must be supplied by us ( this applies to all venues except Westheath Centre ).
4. Special orders requests for specific drinks must be made at least 14 days prior to your event date.
6. Pay Bar Customers – We are responsible for the operation of your bar in accordance with the licensing act 2003. This means that the premises used for the event, including marquees or private houses, will have been licensed to permit the retailing of alcohol for the duration of the event and the licensing law will be in operation. If no such license exists for the premises the bar will not be permitted to open. A copy of the license must be available for inspection upon our arrival. If you have selected our license application service we will carry a copy of the license with us.
7. Pay Bar Customers – We operate a strict policy on underage drinking. Guests that appear to be under 21 years of age may be challenged for photo I.D. in an acceptable format. Acceptable formats include driving licenses, passports or pass approved I.D. cards.
8. Your hire booking is subject to a damage and security deposit of £100.00. Your payment must be made within 7 days of making your booking in order to hold your booking and preferred date, failure to make the payment will result in your preferred date being made available again to other prospective clients. This payment can either be made by BAC’s or over the phone and will be off set against your final payment.
9. Deposits will be retained in the event of cancellation of your booking.
9.1 Porter & Lloyd reserve the right to cancel any booking giving at least 28 days notice to the client. In this instance any deposit will be returned to the client.
10. A surcharge of £500.00 will apply to all hirers in the event of cancellation (whatever the circumstances) of the event without giving more than 24 hours notice.
11. Pay Bar Customers – Deposits will be retained should your event breach conditions 1 and 2 above.
12. Access – You will be required to ensure that we have access to the venue at the time we agree with you for the installation of your bar hire equipment. You must inform us in advance if there are restrictions to the venue access such as time restrictions, parking restrictions or car park height restriction
13. If you have arranged a free bar for your guests then the agreed full amount per head for the entire day/evening must be paid at least 48 hours prior to your event, either by BAC’s or card payment over the phone.